Visa ämne
Anrop » Anrop » Multiplayer
 Skriv ut ämne
28/11/2012: Strike to North Korea
Hello, it's your lovely finnjävel here! Pfft

Like some of you know I'm involved in special programme that tries to use "gaming pedagogy" in Finnish gymnasieskola.

Part of our programme is "Pentagon" live action / board role play on week 48. Students will be acting as head committee of certain superpower. They will make decisions after considering the consequences. There are some minor and major conflicts to be solved... Which leads to involvement of ArmA 2. Pentagon needs a strike team consisting of ~4 specops and possibly 1 helo pilot. Plain vanilla ArmA 2 & expansion. No mods!!

First (and so far only planned) session is to be played on Wednesday 28/11/2012 10:00 Finnish time. That's 09:00 in Swedish time. And that's also night in North Korea --- so it's NV and Thermal vision operation! If this time proves impossible, we can try to change it to Tuesday 27/11/2012 afternoon. Which is also night time in NK.

What will you get from that? Possibility to play silly mission with Finnish students trying to command you, sorry can't offer you any money or such Grin

Open slots atm:
1) Spec Op Team Leader
2) Spec Op (equipment to be discussed)
3) Spec Op
4) Spec Op
5) Helo Pilot (transport helo, unarmed?)

Personally I would also like some assistance with mission making and scripting. Just to be on safe side!

Tell me which time suits you better and if you like to join our mission. Further questions can be asked from me either here or in chat...

Thanks!
Redigerat av marsvin den 2012-11-23 09:02
halv åtta hos mig
sounds interesting!
CAUTION: I'm a screamer and I'm using Voice-Activated!
And yeah, please ask me if there's anything!

Mission itself can be bigger and more massive. We could easily write into story things like fighters knocking out AA. At this point everything is possible.
halv åtta hos mig
hmm, sounds fun! im game!
halv åtta hos mig
odenhouse.servegame.com/OdenSig512.jpg

Citera

theOden skrev:
halv åtta hos mig

Helge, it would be awesome to see you fighting evil North Koreans! Wink
halv åtta hos mig
Oooh now i saw the time, yea sorry but cant do that.
Redigerat av JoelBitar den 2012-11-12 14:46
Kommer du ihåg hur det var förra vintern?
Hello Marsvin

If you decide to run the Morning Op im abel to take any position exept pilot(If you dont want a blackhawk down ofcourse).
Im up for that, the time doesnt matter even though 0800 sucks. Cool
The enemy cannot predict your actions if you have no idea what you're doing.
i can be uav/video stream operator if needed
i.imgur.com/RaoBdkV.png
+1 for finland, in swedish schools only depraved fascist play violent videogames according to the teachers, would have been nice to participate but working...

08:00 CET = 09:00 MLT (Moomin Land Time) = 07:30 OMT (Oden Mean Time)?
Redigerat av subroc den 2012-11-12 18:12

Citera

subroc skrev:
+1 for finland, in swedish schools only depraved fascist play violent videogames according to the teachers, would have been nice to participate but working...

08:00 CET = 09:00 MLT (Moomin Land Time) = 07:30 OMT (Oden is very Mean Time)?

That's partially true for Finnish schools too. We chose not to play with students due to high amount of violence. Certain campaigns describe peacekeeping missions in nice detail, but problem solving with only violence turns it into quite heavy material.

Finarvas: that would be great! Group leader position is still available!
halv åtta hos mig
sorry can't join the fun but suggest practice
sorry can't join the fun but suggest practice
Mission time is now final: Wednesday 9:00 Swedish time.

Mission itself is still unfinished...
halv åtta hos mig
I suppose i can join in , either as pilot or specops.
aom99.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/bild187.jpg

Come on guys, help mr marsvin out!
I'll see if I can't help out.
Been having some personal problems. But this is still doable. Game itself has begun in Finland and Pentagon has been assembled.
halv åtta hos mig
I have talked today with Xealot and Finarvas. Both of them will be playing tomorrow! Yes! Smile

There is still room for others, no problem.

We should gather to be ready at 8:45 Swedish time.
No unnecessary slot waltzing. No bullshit. Mission itself is very simple.
We will open audio communications at 9:00. Video soon afterwards.

Mission requires A2CO, no addons/mods. Team Speak at least for spec ops leader.
Mission won't last for hours, it's more like "show" or "visualization" for Pentagon players.
halv åtta hos mig